Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Friday, Sort of?

My partner in crime was ill this Friday, so I had to make the arduous trek by myself. I don't know if I just don't see as many awful things without help, or they are just funnier when we are together. I was about to give up hope when I spotted this lovely item:


I would swear it must have been owned by the person that donated the fat gold cherub last week, but surely not? Not sure if the full effect comes through, but imagine the cherubs in 3 dimensions and made of plaster. The frame is actually rather fantastic, but why ruin it with fat little angels?

Decided to hit one more store that is a little more out of the way, and was confronted with this item:


The really goofy thing about this lovely candle is, it is well over 2 feet tall, but only the small different colored gold piece on the top is available to burn. There was no wick in the rest of it. Personally, I feel that burning it might have been the best solution all the way around, and yet the option was not available! Oh well, when in doubt gild the heck out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment