Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pattern Frenzy

Did we mention that we have a thing for vintage craft patterns? Well, we do. I think being the crafty Martha Stewart ( NOT) wannabes we are, that we can't resist a good pattern. Problem is, we frequently can't resist a BAD pattern. I know, if the dregs of our drawers were turned out, some horrible things would come to light. I decided to come clean on a recent purchase I myself made. In my defense, I only paid 10 cents a piece for these, so it wasn't like I broke the bank dragging something like this home, but they tickled my funny bone. First up is this fun purse pattern:


Now, to be really honest the patterns aren't that bad, especially if the colors were a bit more in line with today's taste, but I really want to know what the reasoning was behind the animals in each bag. Not sure I WANT a bag that has had a chicken in it, if you know what I mean. Never mind the rabbit or the guinea pig.

Next up is this grooooovy vest pattern. I think it rather speaks for itself, but you notice how the man is unable to even look at the camera. Probably couldn't keep a straight face, or maybe he was trying for plausible deniability, "Heck no that wasn't me, I have standards!".



Come to think of it, the gal is not having much better luck. Wonder how much they had to pay for this shoot? OK, one last horrible admission, I have been toying with the idea of making these in doll size. Of course plastic can't talk back, and I would change the colors. If it happens, I will be sure and post, and one of these days, we will come clean on the doll fetish that we share as well as some of our other collecting habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment